Yesterday as I wrote post for my family blog about purchasing school supplies and my daughter starting kindergarten I learned that Big Chief Tablets are no longer produced.
I'm saddened by this. The demise of Big Chief Tablets makes me feel old, so today I'm out to reclaim my youth by imagining that I'm scrawling the following list in a brand new Big Chief Tablet:
Five 2009 Favorite Colorado Food Moments
- Eating pie to go from The Estes Park Pie and Bakery. For more on the pie, you can visit last year's post titled Rocky Mountain Pie.
- The family picnic at Mills Lake.
- Breakfast at Snooze in Denver. My wife ordered the pancake flight, a plate with a sample of each of the following pancakes: carrot cake, Reese's, and peach & crystallized ginger. I enjoyed a spruced-up French toast called Strawberry Shortcake Goes to Paris.
- Mexican food at Los Carboncitos.
- Eating a Rocky Ford Cantaloupe. My grandfather swore that these melons grown in Arkansas River Valley of Colorado were superior to all other melons, so I try to purchase these melons whenever I spot them. After sampling this melon, I realize grandfather was correct in his assessment. For those in Lawrence, Checker's has the Rocky Ford Melons in stock.