Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Greasy Five: Turkey Music

If you're craving some music to accompany your Thanksgiving meal, head on over to NPR, where they'll be streaming Songs for Stuffing: A Thanksgiving Mix.

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know that I compile songs about food and eating. I'm always looking for "foodie" songs to add to my Ipod, and with NPR's list, I discovered some new songs that had me scouring the web to listen to snippets. The following are five songs I plan on downloading in the near future:
  1. "Making Pies" by Patty Griffin
  2. "Slow Food" by Greg Brown
  3. "Fried Neck Bones and Some Home Fries" by Willie Bobo
  4. "Bread and Gravy" by Ethel Waters
  5. "Frim Fram Sauce" by Nat King Cole
What's your favorite song about food?

happy eatin'
muddy

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Now here is something I'm going to have to ponder a while. At the moment I can't think of any songs about or including food besides that stupid song about someone leaving the cake out in the rain. And I only know that one because they talked about it on Vertical Limit in that opening scene which traumatized me so much that I didn't know if I'd ever allow my family to go climbing again. I'll go check out the NPR link and maybe that will spur my memory while I'm making the sweet potatoes and the pumpkin cream pie. Happy Thanksgiving!

Nella said...

Michael Franks did quite a few songs mentioning food. "Eggplant, was her name" was a cute one. "Popsicle Toes" was another. A great album, nonetheless. N
(before your time, but not much)