Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Best Fortune EVER!!

In my youth I cracked open fortune cookies with an exuberance that is now reserved for beer, bourbon, bacon, and beans. My enthusiasm was rooted in the hope that the factory-generated fortunes would materialize, and we all know the folly in this thinking. After awhile I started leaving my fortune cookies untouched.

Last week I received a fortune that rekindled my enthusiasm for fortune cookies. The fortune read:


It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cake and ale in fear.

I realize it's more wisdom than fortune, but I need this sort of Jujitsu (I know I'm mixing my Asian cultures) for the soul.

I look forward to allowing more fortunes into my life.

wherever you go, go with a full heart,
muddy

PS: I wish I could get a job writing fortunes.


1 comment:

HPD said...

still can't tell if i'm a town mouse or a country mouse. depends on the day of the week, i s'pose.