Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Long as I Can See the Light

 

I'm back. There's no good reason for my absence. My absence can only be attributed to lack of discipline on my part. I'm returning because I need the blog in my life. For the past five months or so, I've let others dictate my mood, and I haven't been the person I want to be. Restarting this blog is my way of reclaiming myself. The blog allows me to create a culture that nurtures my soul. When I'm blogging I find that I have a heightened awareness and appreciation for the blessings that surround me. This might sound like hyperbolic mumbo jumbo, but I know it's true.

For now, I'm back. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going to enjoy the journey. I do know that I would like to see the following changes in my blog:

  • Shorter entries.
  • Less polish.
  • More focus on the great state of Kansas.
  • More stories.
  • More honesty.
  • More fun.
  • Less pictures of food.
  • More rambling.
  • More dirt roads.
  • More writing about being a teacher.

Hopefully, I'll see you a couple days.

 

I hope all is well,

muddywaters

2 comments:

Jane said...

YAY! Welcome back.

JoAnna said...

Glad to see you back. I really enjoy your posts!