Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crustless Raspberry Custard Pie

I have a recurring dream where I'm at a party, and instead of hobnobbing with other guests, I'm sitting under a buffet table, concealed by a tablecloth. I'm left alone to eavesdrop, and I'm eating an entire pie with my hands. I'm quite content, which is a feeling that pie and solitude usually inspires. Someday I will live this dream.

Crustless Raspberry Custard Pie



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup yogurt (pref. Greek-style)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp almond extract
  • 12-oz fresh raspberries
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, yogurt, vanilla and almond extract until very smooth. Add in flour mixture and whisk to combine.
  4. Add raspberries into filling mixture and gently stir to coat. Pour into prepared pie plate, shifting raspberries around with a spoon or spatula to evenly distribute them in the pie.
  5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until custard is set and a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
Allow to cool before slicing and serving.  Serves 8.

pie oh my,
muddywaters



No comments: