Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Apricot & White Chocolate Cookies

Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last cookie is for. Me give up the last cookie for you.

****The Cookie Monster

When I bite into something tasty, I imagine loin-clothed clad and club-bearing neurons storming the fortress of my brain that monitors calories and social norms. Inside the the wall of that fortress, tie-wearing neurons scan ledgers and listen to Pat Boone as they monitor any signs of irrational behavior on my part. It's a full-time job.

When those conservative neurons detect something awry, they march in a single-file formation in a concerted effort to suppress my appetite. They don't stand a chance against my raging, craving, ravenous neurons. Appetite rules!

Appetite rules, especially when it comes to cookies. Now typically, I like a thin, chewy cookie devoid of raisins, In my opinion, raisins have ruined many good cookies. However, occasionally a recipe comes around that challenges my tastes. This is the case with today's recipe, apricot and white chocolate cookies.

It's a denser cookie. It comes out of oven gnarled. It contains dried fruit. Think of it as the Ernest Borgnine of cookies. This cookie gets three strikes at first glance, which is why after my wife baked these cookies they sat on the counter untouched for 24 hours (a personal record for me). When I did taste this cookie I was blown away. These cookies possess a creamy, velvetty texture. Maybe it has something to do with the butter or the cream cheese or the sugar. And those dried apricots - they bring something special to the party also.

You gotta try these.

Apricot & White Chocolate Cookies



Ingredients

    7 tablespoons unsalted butter
    7 tablespoons cream cheese
    1/2 cup sugar
    2/3 cup all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
    1/4 cup white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl beat together the butter and cream cheese. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Gradually add the flour, then fold in the apricots and chocolate. The dough will be quite soft but don't worry!
  3. Drop the mixture by heaped teaspoons onto non-stick or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets, spacing well apart, and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on the cookie sheets for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
me leave last cookie for you,
muddywaters

5 comments:

WilleWorks.com said...

Me want.

holybovine said...

Nope. I looked. There weren't any on the microwave. *sigh*

Jenni said...

That does sound like an odd combination, but I love apricots and I LOVE white chocolate. Me try some soon.

Nella said...

Loved your writing! The cookies look great. Dried apricot/white chocolate biscotti is a fave at our house. These cookies will certainly get made. By the way, thanks for stopping by the Gravy Company. N

JoAnna said...

I think raisins ruin a perfectly good cookie... not sure how I feel about apricots... but these certainly are tempting me.