We've also been eating a lot of oranges and grapefruit. Usually we eat our fruit straight up, but sometimes we have our fruit co-star in a recipe like the following:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons finely grated grapefruit peel
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
***The key to this dressing is the grated citrus peel. It gives this dressing a bright flavor.
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- 2 small pink or ruby grapefruits, all peel and pith cut away, segments cut from between membranes
- 2 oranges, with peel and pith cut away, segments cut from between membranes
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Whisk vinegar, mustard, citrus peels, and honey in small bowl. gradually whisk in oil. Season vinaigrette with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place greens in salad bowl and add a little bit of dressing. Toss. Add more dressing until you have the desired amount. Plate salad and top with orange and grapefruit segments. Sprinkle feta on salad. Enjoy.