- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut up a variety of vegetables. Last week I used mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions (cut into wedges), zucchini , yellow squash, and garlic. Place the veggies in a roasting pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup olive oil with 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Pour olive oil-balsamic vinegar over the bowl of veggie mixture, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- If you want some meat with your meal, feel free to add it. I used Italian sausage this time. I just removed the casing, and cut the sausage into chunks. You could also use chicken or shrimp. If you use shrimp, I would add it the last 3-4 minutes. If you use meat, simply place it on top of the veggies.
- Place roasting pan in the oven and roast for 30 to 45 minutes. I usually stir everything about half way through cooking.
- Serve with cooked pasta and some Parmesan cheese.
The aroma of the vegetables roasting will make you very happy, and it might inspire you to knit a scarf. The taste will make you sound a barbaric "yawp over the roofs the world." Even if you choose not to add any meat to the dish, the yawp will be barbaric.
throw the map out the window and drive,