I also chose to make this dish to redeem myself for my poor photograph in yesterday's entry. What was that mystery meat? It certainly didn't look like a skirt steak. With this colorful salad, I thought it would be easy to snap an appealing photograph. I did O.K.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 large ears)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (I usually use 1 tsp of dried oregano)
- 1 (19-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add corn; sauté 8 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan; cool completely.
- Combine juice and next 4 ingredients (lime juice through salt), stirring with a whisk. Combine corn mixture, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients. Drizzle juice mixture over corn mixture, and toss gently to coat.
- Serve cold or at room temperature