Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

***T.S. Eliot


The Greasy Skillet is back in Lawrence, Kansas. On my recent trip to Minnesota, the "Skillet" was placed on the back burner. I spent most of time with family, and posting on my family's blog. However, Minnesota inspired several ideas for future blog entries. Tomorrow I hope to start posting on a regular basis.

I knew it was time to come home when I entered a Brainerd bar this past Thursday. The patrons stared at televisions throughout the bar and were whooping and hollering, sounds I associate with the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. However, these Minnesotans weren't inflicted with March Madness; instead, they were fanatically watching ice hockey. No one in the bar seemed to care that the NCAA Tournament was taking place. At that moment I was homesick. I needed to get home to Lawrence, Kansas, where glassy-eyed fans camped out in front of televisions for four straight days as the first two rounds of the tournament transpired. It was nice to get home to the Jayhawk Nation and see the Hawks make the Sweet 16.

No comments: