Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Great Corn on the Cob Debate

My wife contends that I don't properly eat corn on the cob. She takes a linear approach. She starts at the left side of the cob and horizontally grazes her way across to the right side. Then she repeats the process to the left. I, on the other hand, use a more circuitous technique. I start at either end and work my around the cob, rotating the cob in a circular motion as I gnaw on the sweet kernels.

She not only believes that my approach is incorrect, but she firmly believes my method of eating corn is a sign of inferior intelligence. She's probably right, so I won't waste energy debating; I'll need all the energy I can muster, so that I can inefficiently eat my corn. I'm just glad that I don't need to possess a Nobel Prize in physics to eat corn on the cob.

I'm also glad she married me despite my shortcomings.

Pass the butter,
muddywaters


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The American Association of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Practitioners advises to eat COTC typewriter style. There is less strain on your wrist that way, saving your energy for cobbler or pie.

muddywaters said...

Anything I can do to save energy for dessert is worth doing.

My wife chuckled when she read your comment. I'm always being proven wrong.

Somewhere there's research supporting the proper method to eat corn.

One Toothbrush said...

As someone who lives in corn country, this Iowan eats her corn in the same circular fashion as you. Around the cob is the best way to go! Your wife is crazy.