Monday, September 22, 2008

Brookville Hotel

My mother makes great fried chicken, so the idea of going to a restaurant for it always seemed foolish. However, there are a few restaurants out there that come close to meeting those lofty standards of my childhood. I like a restaurant where I can dine at a table family style.

I look for a restaurant that sincerely and warmly welcomes all guests.
I look for a restaurant where service is formal without being uppity.
It helps if the restaurant is a James Beard Award Winner.


Of course, the restaurant should have great tasting food that conjures memories of mothers, aunts, and grandmothers.

The Brookville Hotel in Abilene, Kansas, offers all of this and more.
If there's a restaurant that captures the spirit of Kansas, it's the Brookville Hotel in Abilene.

Pass the gravy,
muddywaters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bikes in the parking lot... Grandma's china... styrofoam to-go cups... you just know the fried bird is going to taste like Sunday lunch at the folks' house.

Cheers!