I listen to NPR's All Things Considered each day on my drive home from work. Lately the news has dragged me into a puddle of melancholy. I know I have the power to listen to something else, but I want to be an informed citizen. Since I continue to listen, I've developed the following plan to improve my mood and make myself impervious to the bad news.
When I hear each of the following words, I'll think of:
1. Recession = Barbecue
2. Wall Street = Oklahoma Joe's
3. Foreclosure = Cheese
4. Deficit = Pie
5. Ben Bernacki = Grace Kelly
6. Democrat = Butter
7. Republican = Bacon
8. Economic Stimulus = Farmers' Market
9. Sub-Prime Mortgage = Biscuits & Gravy
10. Government Bailout = Drunken noodles
That should do it.
Keep on the sunny side,