Tuesday, September 30, 2008

LBJ Wore a Girdle

I haven't recently shared any of the books I've been reading, so I thought I'd take a little bit of time this evening to share an installment of The Greasy Bookshelf with you.

I've quit reading Master of the Senate: The Lyndon Johnson Years by Robert Caro, who has written three books on LBJ. The book is outstanding, but I'm growing tired of politics. LBJ's an intriguing figure, and I['m interested in his Senate accomplishments, especially his contributions to the Civil Rights Movement. I could share insight into his political prowess, and there's plenty of dirt to dish on LBJ. However, this is a food blog, so I offer you this little tidbit. LBJ loved to eat, and he struggled to control his voracious appetite. When his waistline expanded, he wore a girdle to conceal his paunch.

This isn't bad idea. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Dressin' sharp, but feelin' dull,
muddywaters

No comments: