- Walking or hiking
- Lounging in my hammock
- Listening to music
- Taking control of my attitude and simply willing stress away.
- Composing, choreographing, and performing an extemporaneous musical before my family gets home.
Here's Barbie looking casual in some of Ken's clothes:
I never thought that something so simple and somewhat feminine would relax me.
I usually don't turn to eating as way to deal with stress, but I have been known to reach for a beverage as a way to decompress. Sipping a good drink tends to slow time down and melt away the stress. The following are a few drinks I turn to when I want to mellow:
- Hot chocolate
- A good Kansas limeade
- Iced tea with lemon
- In the fall, I love to drink a Guinness
- A margarita
- 1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 ounce Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons half & half or milk
- Fill cocktail shaker with a little ice. Add all of the ingredients. Shake. Strain into glass. Enjoy.
What's your favorite way to banish stress from your day?