Friday, June 13, 2008

Cranberry Margarita


When I consume too much tequila, I have an alter ego that rears his ugly head. He's affectionately dubbed "Margarita Boy" by friends and family. Too many margaritas or shots of tequila transform me from a responsible, sensitive introvert into a raging extrovert who tends to engage in juvenile behavior and by the end of the evening, I'm stumbling around like Keith Richards circa 1975. I could regale you with stories of this behavior, but I don't want to sully my good name any further. Fortunately, Margarita Boy hasn't appeared in the last couple of years. This, I think, is a good thing.

My blogging alter ego, muddywaters, also loves tequila. However, he practices some restraint with this liquid libation. I love margaritas, but I'm a bit picky about how I prepare them. I don't care for overly sweet, slushy margaritas that mask the flavor of the tequila. I want my margarita tart, and I feel all the flavors should have equal billing. The following recipe meets my criterion for a good margarita:

Ingredients for one drink:
  • 1/4 cup Tequila
  • 1/4 cup cranberry juice
  • 1/8 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
  • 1/8 cup triple sec or other orange liqueur


Directions:
  1. Salt rim of glass.
  2. Place crushed ice in glass
  3. Mix all ingredients in cocktail shaker.
  4. Pour into glass.
  5. Garnish with lime and fresh cranberries.
  6. Enjoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love margaritas (not healthy) but LOVE cranberries (healthy!) so in the end, this is a diet neutral cocktail :)

also like that it was submitted to tastespotting! for some reason, the site cropped the photo badly (too far to the left)...would you mind cropping the photo to a 250x250 square and resubmitting?

if you have questions, feel free to email me at love@tastespotting.com

My Sweet & Saucy said...

These look delicious! I love margaritas!