I know this recipe doesn't seem like much, but these are quite tasty.
Note: If you wanted to cut the bread into cubes, you would prepare a batch of Cajun Croutons.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 loaf soft French bread, at least one day old
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine all the spices, sugar, and oil in a bowl and blend thoroughly.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the bread in 1/4-inch slices. Place on baking sheets.
- Brush bread with oil-seasoning mixture on top of bread.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the bread is crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.