Friday, June 27, 2008

Sangria

My goal today was to paint the guest bedroom, but one thing after another knocked me off course. Frustration brewed, and Mr. Cranky pants reared his ugly head. I took a little mental timeout, mixed up a batch of sangria, and the prospect of enjoying this refreshing beverage altered my attitude.

I successfully completed the painting, took a shower, prepared some guacamole, placed some Mavericks on the stereo, poured me a sangria, pulled up a chair on my back patio, and basked in the glory of a fabulous week.

Ingredients:
  • 1 orange sliced thin
  • 1 lemon sliced thin
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 bottle red wine
  • 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
  • 1/4 cup triple sec
  • the juice of a couple of limes.
Instructions:
  1. In a large pitcher combine all of the ingredients.
  2. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
  4. Serve before stirring. Pour over ice and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious. I love sangria, but I only make it for guests. If you ever serve it to a crowd, I like to drop in scoops of raspberry sorbet to keep it cold instead of ice. When it melts, it just adds flavor!