Friday, June 20, 2008

Cherry Limeade

For the past five weeks, I've been on antibiotics, so I haven't been consuming alcohol because I desperately want to whip this bacterial infection that, I think, has been in my lungs since April. During this time, I still participated in the cock-tail-of-the-week ritual My daughter and I enjoyed a cherry limeade while everyone else enjoyed an adult beverage. It's a simple drink to make, so there's no need to get in the car and head to Sonic to get your limeade fix. My four-year-old daughter loves this drink.


Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons syrup from a jar of maraschino cherries
  • 1 maraschino cherry
  • 1 drink umbrella
  • 1 lime wedge - if desired.
  • a can of lemon-lime beverage (Diet or regular)
Directions:

The recipe pictured is for a 10-ounce glass, so you might need to adjust the ingredients accordingly. I like more lime juice in my drink, but my daughter prefers sweetness over tartness.
  1. Fill glass with crushed ice.
  2. Add lime juice and cherry juice.
  3. Fill glass with soda.
  4. Add lime wedge, lean umbrella in glass, and gently place cherry on top.

Cheers,
muddywaters

No comments: