Greetings! Mr. Crankypants is in the house. Today muddy delegated the post to me because he claims he's too busy. I guess he hasn't considered the possibility that I'm also busy, and I have better things to do than post for his little food blog. If you ask me, he needs a new hobby. All this writing and taking pictures of food seems a bit asinine. If he decides to Twitter or create a Facebook profile, I'll dissolve our partnership. I don't tolerate such nonsense.
While I'm here in front of the keyboard, I guess I should post a recipe. This recipe goes out to Zeke, the character in High School Musical who has a passion for baking. Stuff a few of these tasty bites in your pie hole. They'll make you happy. Promise.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 pound feta cheese or blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease two baking sheets.
- In a saucepan, bring water and 4 tablespoons of butter to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the flour. Beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes, and then drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets. You should have about 2 dozen puffs. Bake until golden, 20 to 30 minutes.