First, I'd like to thank my readers who suggested recipes for my idle squash. I've opted for the squash and black bean burrito shared by Marianne Wille. Marianne, thanks! I plan on preparing it tomorrow for lunch tomorrow.
Lately I've been thinking a lot about the Kansas Sampler Foundation's recent announcement. They announced the 24 finalists for The 8 Wonders Of Kansas Cuisine. I'm still digesting all of this, and I hope to comment later.
I've visited 9 of the 24 finalists, and I'm eager to try more of the restaurants.
Get out there, dine at these restaurants, and cast your vote.
- Bobo's Drive In, Topeka
- Brookville Hotel: Abilene
- Porubsky's Deli & Tavern: Topeka
- Carolyn's Essenhaus: Arlington
- Charlie's Mexican Restaurant: Leoti
- Cozy Inn: Salina
- Crawford County Fried Chicken
- Crazy R's Tavern and Grill: Goodland
- Free State Brewing Company, Lawrence
- Fritz's Union Station, Kansas City
- Grand Central Hotel, Cottonwood Falls
- Guy & Mae's Tavern: Williamsburg
- Hays House 1857 Restaurant & Tavern, Council Grove
- Hibachi Hut, Manhattan
- Homer's Drive Inn, Leavenworth
- Josie's: Scammon
- NuWay Cafe: Wichita
- Olive Tree Bistro, Wichita
- Paolucci's Restaurant: Atchison
- Pho Hoa: Garden City
- Prairie Nut Hut: Altoona
- Trapper's Bar & Grill, Simpson
- WheatField's Bakery Cafe: Lawrence
Tomorrow, I'll be back in the saddle. I'll post about my cocktail, the Ramos Gin Fizz, barbecuing, and the squash and black bean burrito.
Queue up the Sinatra and dance cheek to cheek tonight,