- Neko Case's latest album Middle Cyclone: If I was a silly school boy, I'd have a crush on Neko Case, but I'm much too old for such nonsense. Instead I'm content to be in love with her lilting voice and poetic lyrics.
- Bánh Mì: This is a tasty Vietnamese sandwich I tried for the first time two weeks ago. Since then I've made this sandwich three times, and I'm seeking new variations. Later this week the Bánh Mì will get its own post.
- Sriracha: Since I drizzled this on my Banh Mi, I've been contemplating new ways to incorporate this sweet and spicy condiment into my cooking. If I correctly recall, last year a contestant on Top Chef created a Sriracha ice cream. Maybe I'll head in this direction.
- Mark Bittman's The Minimalist Cooks at the New York Times: I used to be a rigid cook who never strayed form a recipe. Now I'm taking Mark Bittman's approach and using recipes as a base and cooking variations that incorporate seasonal ingredients or whatever is in my pantry.
- Molly Wizenburg's book A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table. As many of you know, Wizenburg writes the fabulous blog Orangette, and this is her book. This might be the best book I've read in the past five years. Visit your local book store, find this book, and read its introduction. I guarantee you'll buy it.
What are your current obsessions?