Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Frozen Mudslide

My last cocktail of the week was a cucumber agua fresca, which I loved because it was a cool quenching drink with great flavor. Surprising Little Miss Picky Eater enjoyed the drink and has even requested I prepare it again. My wife, however, didn't care for it. Even though she's from Nebraska, she's like a lot of Kansans who don't like conventional flavors in unconventional places. While adulterating beer with tomato juice is quite acceptable in her book, don't add cucumber to her limeade. There's no accounting for an individual's tastes.

This past week I set out to prepare something that my wife would like because she's been working hard, and it's important to keep her happy. Fortunately, it's easy to make my wife happy. All I needed this week was the power of chocolate in the presence of a frozen mudslide. Don't worry about buying some fancy mixer. Just follow this recipe, and you'll quickly find yourself in the good graces of all who have a glass in hand.

Frozen Mudslides

Ingredients for two drinks with a tad leftover:
  • 2 cups ice cubes
  • 2 scoops or so of vanilla ice cream
  • 1/4 cup vodka
  • 1/4 cup Kahlua
  • 1/4 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
  • 1/8 cup chocolate syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extra
Preparation:
  1. Pulse all of the ingredients in a blender until the ice begins to break down, and then blend until smooth.
  2. Pour and enjoy. It's a high calorie drink, but think of it as an occasional treat and drink only one.
Slip slidin' away,
muddy

PS. . . The vote for this week's fieldtrip ended in a tie with The Village Witch and Local Burger. Sorry, Christopher, but your vote came in after polls closed. At this time, I haven't decided how to break the tie, so I'll sleep on it.

No comments: