Thursday, January 21, 2010

Manifold Destiny

Last Friday before I left for work, I diced some potatoes, wrapped them in a foil, and carefully tucked foil pouch onto my car manifold. After my 30-minute drive to school, I was able to enjoy a breakfast of roasted potatoes.



I was extremely satisfied with the end product. A few of the potatoes achieved a nice bronze sheen, something I appreciate in a potato. I felt green, resourceful, bold, and bit like R. P. McMurphy.
Next week, I'm going to bake some bread on my manifold, but that's all the farther I care to take this madness. I'll continue to cook my meat on a conventional surface.

every mouth can form a smile,
muddy

5 comments:

Jenni said...

I've heard of people cooking potatoes in this way, but not bread. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to identify my car's manifold, so I don't think I'll be trying this any time soon.

Anonymous said...

didja know ... that most snowmachines (snowmobiles, for you Lower 48ers) have a little box next to the engine block that's Hot Pocket sized, for just such endeavors.

JoAnna said...

That is incredible! Did you use any liquid at all or just let the moisture from the potatoes sorta steam themselves? Very cool - can't wait to hear about the bread!

Nella said...

I nearly spewed my coffe this morning, reading this. I knew it was going to show up sooner or later, and yet, it still caught me by surprise!

Your humor is only outdone by your imagination. Can we expect a poaching in the dishwasher?

Keep up the great works. I look forward to your blogs. N

muddywaters said...

I tossed those tators with a little oil.

Since my wife frowns on fish and poaching them in the dishwasher, I don't think you'll see this here.