Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Cure for the BLAH's

I feel like I've been dragging a huge anchor around the past two days. Anything I've written in the past 48 hours has taken on a dull, droning, and blah patina. I need to shake things up.

I've decided to shuck routine this weekend and hit the road to seek a panacea for what ails me. Tomorrow we'll head south to the vicinity of El Reno, Oklahoma, which is the epicenter of the famed onion burger.

We'll take our time getting there, so if any readers have suggestions for any sidetrips along the way, please feel free to leave suggestions.

I'll report my trip in a series of very short posts.

3 comments:

WilleWorks.com said...

Have a great road trip ~ I haven't read Kate Dicamillo's new book ~ I didn't even know she had a new book out!

Jenni said...

I love road trips! I don't know much about your route, but I think Guthrie is supposed to have some good antique stores and Ponca City has the Marland Mansion and a few things I'd like to see on my next trip through. Have you checked out roadsideamerica.com? Have a great trip!

Geoff said...

Enjoy El Reno and your onion burgers! I work a block from Johnnies and smell them daily. Be sure to come back May 1st for the 22rd annual Fried Onion Burger Day. We cook a 750 lb burger in the street!