Friday, February 12, 2010

The Kumback Lunch: Perry, Oklahoma

We're in Oklahoma City. I caved and paid the hotel $9.95 for internet service. It pains my cheap ass to do this.

Today we took our time getting down here. The highlight of the day was the Kumback Lunch in Perry, Oklahoma. I came for their famed cinnamon rolls, but when we settled into our booth at 2:30, our waitress informed us that they sold out of rolls by 8:00.

I was crushed, but my disappointed was temporary because within ten minutes a bowl of chicken and noodles arrived.
These were the greatest chicken and noodles I've ever had at a restaurant.


My wife had the hot beef sandwich.

The Kumback Lunch is worth seeking.

After lunch I pondered getting a haircut at the barbershop next door because they still kick it old school:


Tomorrow morning we'll head down to the stockyards for breakfast at Cattlemen's Steakhouse, and then we'll visit the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. We'll keep you posted.


keepin' it real,
muddy

2 comments:

muddywaters said...

It should be noted that the Kumback Lunch is Oklahoma's oldest restaurant.

Jenni said...

We've passed through Perry many times. Next time we do, I'll try to convince Danny to stop by that diner. I've always wanted to visit the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, so I look forward to hearing what you have to say about it. And, yes, it would pain me to spend $10 for the internet service, too. I'm a major cheapskate.