However, we still appreciate a good meal, and this flavorful, colorful dish will turn heads and tantalize taste buds. This salad is the real deal. I'm sorry my photos don't do it justice.
Portabella Mushroom and Asparagus Salad
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed (used baby portabella mushrooms because they were less expensive.)
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1 point grape tomatoes, halved (I used cherry tomatoes).
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning blend (I just seasoned with salt and pepper because I didn't have any Greek seasoning, but I've included a recipe for this seasoning, which I didn't make because I didn't have any dried mint.)
- Brush mushrooms, asparagus, and tomatoes with olive oil.
- Grill mushrooms until tender, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Cut mushrooms into thin strips; place in a medium bowl.
- Grill asparagus 3 to 4 minutes, turn occasionally. Cut asparagus into 2-inch lengths; add to mushrooms in bowl.
- Grill tomatoes, cut side down, 3 minutes. Add to mushrooms and asparagus in bowl.
- Drizzle lemon juice over vegetables; sprinkle with Greek seasoning, tossing gently to coats.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.